Tomorrow will be out last summer band day for the summer! It will take place at RBSMS from 9:00 am -12:00 pm. Lessons will be held in the Music Library.
Next week begins our Percussion Camp at ZHS from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm. Be sure to bring sticks and music. You will be practicing with the ZHS Drumline, so be prepared.
If you have any questions, just contact Mr. Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This week, our Summer Band Practice will take place on July 16th from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm, at RBSMS. Students should bring something to work on, such as Marching Music, Scales, All-County, and Passoffs. If you need something, just let us know.
Lessons will be taking place in the Music Library.
The District School Board of Pasco County has just recently rolled into the new 2014-2015 school year! Which means we need all of our parents and families to complete their Volunteer Applications. It’s free, easy and won’t take you more than a minute or two. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to the District’s Volunteer Page (http://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/communications/volunteer/).
- Click on the “Submit your Volunteer Application today!”.
- Complete your application.
- Forward your completed application email to Mr. Schmidt at email@example.com.
- That’s it!
Now you are eligible to chaperone any of our band events for the entire school year. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
These will take place on Wednesdays from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm, from now until our Band Camp!
This week begins our Summer Band Practices. They will take place from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm, at RBSMS. Students taking lessons should try and attend these morning sessions, since Mr. Ray will be there to complete your lessons. If you are unable to attend in the morning, please let him know so you can schedule your lesson.
Unfortunately, we have to cancel tomorrow’s practice and lessons. We will resume them again next week. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us.
Here are some links that will allow you to listen to some of our Marching Band Music for next school year. Feel free to listen and/or practice along with. In addition, we will soon be posting recordings of everyone’s All-County Music to practice with.
3 Patriotic Parades
Let It Go
Be sure to practice this music prior to our Band Camp (it doesn’t have to be perfect). How well prepared we are by the end of Band Camp will help determine what trips and events we are able to do throughout the school year.
For the next couples weeks the ZHS Band Hall will be open Wednesday afternoon from 1:30 – 5:00. If you want to come in to practice, work on All-State or All-County, help make copies for Band Camp, or just want to hangout, you’re more than welcome to pop in. This would also be a great time to get a lesson with one of our lesson teachers.
I hope everyone is having a great summer. I expect to hear some stories from your Summer adventures.`
Don’t forget that lessons are starting up tomorrow. Remember, lessons will be held in the ZHS Band Hall not at RBSMS.
If you have a lesson scheduled, be sure to arrive a few minutes early for warm-up. Be sure to bring your warm-ups, scales, passoff lists and method books, and your All-County Audition materials.
If you have any questions, or would like to schedule a lesson, be sure to contact either Mr. Schmidt or Mr. Freire.
Here is some important information for all of our students and families.
- Have a great summer!
- Try to practice at least 30 minutes a few times per week. It’ll make a huge difference come August.
- Come out to our Summer Band Events…they’re free:
- Summer Band Days will take place on July 9, July 16 and July 23 from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m in the RBSMS Band Hall. This is a great time to get help from a high school student, Mr. Schmidt or Mr. Schmidt (older), to practice, or to help out around the Band Hall.
- Percussion Camp will take place from July 28-31 from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. in the ZHS Band Hall.
- Band Camp will take place from August 4-7 from 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. in the RBSMS Band Hall. This is the camp where we need each and every Symphonic and Concert Band student to attend. We will review, learn to march, learn to march and play, and learn some new fun music to play!
- The Band Calendar has been updated to include almost everything. Check it now, and play for our upcoming events. It already has football games, Solo & Ensemble, Winter and Spring Concerts, Symphonic Band Rehearsals, ZHS Band Night and more…. Check it out at http://rbsmsband.com/calendar.
- If you need to contact me, just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I won’t be back at school much until July, but am available if something comes up.
It’s been a great year, and I look forward to seeing what we can accomplish next year. Just remember that in Band every single person is important. Our band can be as good as you choose to make it.