I spoke to the manager at Happy Cow in Zephyrhills, and based on the turn-out after our concert, our Band Program made $150.00! Thank you everyone who helped support our band program.
Earlier this week we held our April Band Booster meeting (5/18/15). Thank you to everyone for attending. The meeting minutes are available on our Band Booster page.
- Current Balance – $1,080.46
- We have no upcoming expenses requiring for this year. We have a handful of things that will need to be paid this summer and at the beginning of next year, including band camp expenses, piano tuning, shirt orders, and FMEA registration.
- Band Booster Officers: Tonight we elected new Band Booster Officers. Next year’s officers will be:
- President: Jeanette Otero
- Vice-President: Allen Emery
- Secretary: Myra Binnicker
- Treasurer: Crystal Crist
- Band Shirts: We discuss the possibility of changing our band uniform for next year. Specifically, we discussed using t-shirts, instead of polo shirts. This change would save our families some money at the beginning of the year.
- Movie Event: Forms and Money are due tomorrow (5/19). Details can be found on the letter that was sent home.
- John TV Clark Invitational: This is our RBSMS/ZHS/CENMS social event. Details can be found on the letter that was sent home.
- Band Spring Concert – 5/19
- Instrument Check-In – 5/20
- Movie Event – 5/23
- John TV Clark Invitational – 5/23
- No School – Memorial Day – 5/25
- Quarter 4 Ends – 6/3
- Teacher Planning Day – 6/4 and 6/5
If you have any questions, please contact us immediately.
Immediately following Tuesday’s concert, Happy Cow Frozen Yogurt will be holding a Spirit Night for the RBSMS Band (from 8:00 – 10:00 p.m.). Our Band will receive 20% of the sales from anyone who uses our flyer. Please share our flyer with any of your friends and family members. We will also be distributing the flyers during our band concert.
Download: Happy Cow Fundraiser Flyer
The Clarinet Fingering Trainer website is a resource that helps clarinet students practice/learn their fingerings. It shows a note, and students click the corresponding keys for that note. If they answer incorrectly, students will be shown the correct fingering AND tips to improve their playing.
Website: Clarinet Fingering Trainer (http://www.clarinettrainer.com/default.asp)
We are having a sale on our leftover shirts from the last few years. Each t-shirt will cost $5.00, and the polo shirts will cost $10.00 (check out the photos below). If you’re interested, contact Mr. Schmidt immediately.
Orange Polo Shirt
XS – 1
M – 1
Black Polo Shirt (current)
Large – 3
XL – 2
3XL – 1
4XL – 2
White T-Shirt (current)
Small – 4
Medium – 7
Large – 3
XL – 4
XXL – 4
Black T-Shirt (Every Note Counts)
3XL – 1
4XL – 2
3XL – 1
Here are a few important upcoming dates that we need everyone to be aware of….
Tuesday, May 12th – Beginning Band Rehearsal until 4:30 p.m.
Thursday, May 14th – Concert Band Rehearsal until 4:30 p.m.
Monday, May 18th – Final Band Booster Meeting
Tuesday, May 19th – Spring Band Concert at 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, May 20th – School Instruments must be returned.
Wednesday, May 20th – Student Band Lockers must be emptied.
Saturday, May 23rd – RBSMS End-of-Year Movie Event at 10:30 a.m. (Information will be handed out on May 12th).
Saturday, May 23rd – RBSMS/ZHS/CENMS combined social event from 4:30 p.m. – 9:00 p..m. (Information will be handed out on May 12th).
Monday, May 25th – No School!
Monday – Wednesday, June 1st-3rd – Instrument Checkout for Summer!
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact us ASAP!
Please, answer the following poll questions regarding our potential end-of-year activity (for all band students). The event would take place on May 23rd at 10:30 a.m., at the Zephyrhills Cinema. Both students and family members are welcome to attend for $10.00 each, which includes a movie ticket to see Disney’s Tomorrowland (rated PG), popcorn and a soda.
To hold this event, we need a decent representation of the entire band program. I have to contact Larry at Zephyrhills Cinema on Monday to confirm this event. On Monday, I will ask each class to confirm their interest. If there’s enough interest a permission letter will be sent home on Tuesday, May 12th. If we hold this event, students/parents will need to pay the RBSMS Band Boosters $10.00 per person by May 20th. If you are unable to pay/afford this event, please contact Mr. Schmidt immediately.